Friday, September 23, 2005

Bill O'Reilly is still really gross though

The Smoking Gun has the original complaint by Andrea Mackris v. O'Reilly, FOXNews, etc.



   Um, yeah, I didn't want anyone to get the idea that I don't find O'Reilly repugnant, I certainly do, believe that. Do I think it is fair that if you are attractive it is harmless flirting but if you are unattractive it is harrassment -- no. Is it hypocritical of me, a person whom has engaged in pre-marital sex with women some of which I barely knew, to speak ill of O'Reilly's creepy innuendos with an underling? Of course not, he is the self-appointed arbiter of morality, harrassing Pepsi over their endorsement deal with Ludacris, etc., not me. I've made no moral superiority claims, at least not concerning casual sex. Note to Bill: Call Jimmy Swaggart and find out what happens when the morality police get caught with their pants around there ankles.

   By the way, Pepsi was the only loser on the deal, people who'd never heard of one man or the other were suddenly aware of him, (they run in slightly different circles), Ludacris was not the breaker of the contract, he only missed per-airing residuals, Pepsi quickly albeit less-publicly reversed their position - to the tune of $millions for Ludacris's (charitable) Foundation, O'Reilly got to play ivory tower crap-flinger yet again, which seems to be something he enjoys. Is it ironic that it was so much like the rap rivalries where one rapper name-checks someone he is against and the other returns the favor and suddenly white suburban 12-year-olds have two records they have to have!? I could only respect O'Reilly more if I believed it was as choreographed as it seemed. --r-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home