Thursday, October 06, 2005

Thud thud thud

It seems Big Dub is in a bit of a quandry over his nomination of close friend, never-been-a-judge-but-I-know-her-character-and-we-all-know-how- good-my-judgement-is Harriet Miers. If you get where you are propped up by your more 'thought intensive' pals, shouldn't you give a wee bit of thought to what they might want you to do? I don't know what I expected, but this isn't what they expected either. Sheesh, he's even being berated by bony neo-con hag Coulter, whom at least has a mind of her own, which I almost respect, if it weren't so twisted. No, I actually do respect the Coulter that wrote that last piece, just not the one she will inevitably contort back into when the whim or the wind of controversy strikes her. The fact that this decision is being denounced by both sides only adds credence to the theory that Big Dub operates purely on a gut level. You're a pal o' mine and I got a job opening, here ya go. To quote Yakov Smirnov, "What a country! In Soviet Union, village idiot has no power!" Of course, there is the theory that Miers nomination is a MacGuffin, to tire out anyone ready for a fight, while Big Dub's overseers prepare their actual nominee.

1 Comments:

Blogger Napoleon Park said...

I don't know and I've only seen one or two articles. When I go vote I pretty much know who I want for president or governor and usually have an opinion on the proposals. By the time I get down to circuit court judges, sheriffs and college administrators (who even knew Dean was an elective office?) I just vote for the woman or the Mexican. Women outnumber us and Latinos are our fastest growing minority: let them take over and run things for a while, I figure. That's pretty uninformed, I know. It's easy to automatically assume anyone Shrub Dubya Junior appoints is going to be a raving loony, but I've seen no evidence of that. Hell, if the far right feels betrayed, that's a good enough endorsement for me. But I don't know, maybe she has slaves in the basement or something and it's all just a hoax to wear out the critics, like you said, so Bush can slip in a real nutcase later on. Still, if Sandy O'Connor's retiring I'd rather have this lady than... well, whatever kind of elderly white suit with a conservative agenda you'd expect Junior to back.

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home